Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Almost Open ...


After a lovely month in the U.S. I'm back at the brewery and busy brewing / filling all of our tanks. I've done seven batches so far and have some tasty beer flowing out our very stylish Italian taps. We have some private parties coming up with a special musical guest but the public launch has been moved back to October 3rd. I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping it doesn't move again. The place sure does look (and sound) stunning though. So hang in there, it won't be much longer.


Tomorrow I'm brewing a very English-stlye Extra Special Bitter with some of the best traditional Maris Otter malt and East Kent Golding hops available. I'm really looking forward to this one. It will be nice follow-up to the tasty American Amber Ale that is now in our cellar. Today I transferred our German-style Hefeweizen to the cellar and I'm pretty pleased with it. It's super refreshing and a good thirst quencher. Of all the beers I've made so far only the Golden Ale has seen it's second brewing. I made some changes that should make for a nice improvement. Things are going much smoother in the brewhouse. Now, if I can only get the air con working I'll be a happy camper brewer...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will not be tolerated or get past moderation.