Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Ghosts, Ghouls & Malt-Worms



We have an excellent selection of books in the Windmills pub and while browsing through a really great tome on Bauhaus art (which I'm quite fond of). I came across this Lyonel Feininger watercolor from 1922 titled "Little Ghosts, Good-Natured Ones". It reminded me that it's Halloween in the US. One of my favorite holidays.



Continuing with the creepy theme of this post, I'm really hoping that that very soon we won't be hearing much from these two ghouls!


Here I am at Toit (brewery) enjoying some stout with start-up consultant and all-around font of brewing knowledge, Phil Kelm (left) & head brewer, Matt Callaghan. They should have a special Halloween Pumpkin Ale on tap by now. I tasted it out of the fermenter last weekend and thought it was spot-on!

Three Old Malt-Worms


Beery Factoids
A Malt-worm is (1700's) slang for beer drinker.
Cenosillicaphobia is the fear of an empty glass (Malt-worms are particularly susceptible).


Happy Halloween!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will not be tolerated or get past moderation.