Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Brewed "Winterfest" Today


Brewers have been making a special, extra-strong, year end celebratory or holiday beer for longer than anyone can remember. It's our little gift to friends and patrons. And today, I made just that - a big (17.8° plato) Amber Ale brewed with Maris Otter Pale malt from England, five different kinds of German specialty malt and plenty of Centennial & Cascade hops from the U.S. The mash tun was absolutely packed with grain. It should be quite a mouthful when it finishes fermenting! It's very similar to a beer I brewed many years ago in Seattle called Yulefest.

In a couple of days I'm heading off to Japan for a holiday break. I'll be back in late January and I imagine that quite a few will get a taste of Winterfest before I do. I've done my best to head out with a bang so-to-speak and remember, the quickest way to find out when it goes on-tap is to follow @BangaBrew on Twitter.

Happy holidays and best wishes to all for the new year!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will not be tolerated or get past moderation.